Roasted vegetable Sandwich Square melts
Tired of the same old lunch or dinner? There’s plenty of room for experimentation here. Top Blue Ribbon Squares with your favourite roasted veggies. An alternative to meat – great for vegetarian guests.
2 Blue Ribbon Brown Sandwich Squares
30ml smooth creamed cheese
15ml fresh herbs, finely chopped
1 red pepper, roasted and deseeded
1 yellow pepper, roasted, deseeded
1 brinjal, sliced and grilled
20ml basil pesto
80g Mozzarella cheese, sliced or grated
- Open the Sandwich Squares and butter the outer side of each slice and place onto a board, inner side facing up.
- Mix the mayonnaise, creamed cheese and herbs together in a small bowl. Spread the mixture onto two of the Sandwich Square halves.
- Top with strips of roasted peppers and some grilled brinjal slices.
- Spoon some of the pesto over the top and cover with Mozzarella cheese.
- Close the sandwich, with the outer half, buttered side facing outwards.
- Either grill the Sandwich Squares in a hot pan, under a grill or in a panini-style press.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the Sandwich Squares are crispy and golden and the cheese has melted.