Pastrami and Gruyere Sandwich Squares
Enjoy smoky beef with Swiss Gruyere, a flavoured cheese with a nutty aftertaste. Add some salad dressing and enjoy the tasty snack.
2 Blue Ribbon Brown Sandwich Squares
40g sour cream
30ml creamy herb salad dressing
Milled black pepper
60g smooth cream cheese or 20g butter
A handful of lettuce leaves, torn
3 slices Pastrami
1 tomato, sliced
4 – 6 slices Gruyere or Emmental cheese
A few alfalfa sprouts
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and creamy herb salad dressing together. Season with milled black pepper and set aside.
- Open the Sandwich Squares and place 2 bases onto a board and spread each with the creamed cheese, alternatively butter the Sandwich Squares and top with some torn lettuce leaves.
- Roll the Pastrami and place on top of the lettuce. Spoon some of the herb sauce over the top.
- Top with sliced tomato and cheese.
- Add some alfalfa sprouts, and close the Sandwich Squares.