Italian-style chicken Sandwich Square melts
Turn chicken schnitzels or breasts into Italian-style sandwiches. Fancy grilled sandwiches bursting with flavour, ideal for picnics and easy dinners.
2 Blue Ribbon White Sandwich Squares
6 large basil leaves
2 crumbed chicken schnitzels, cooked and cooled
60ml sundried tomato pesto or tomato pasta sauce
2 slices cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Open the Sandwich Squares and butter the outer side of each slice and place onto a board, inner side facing up.
- Spread the mayonnaise onto two of the Sandwich Square halves and top with some large basil leaves.
- Cut the cooked and cooled chicken schnitzels in half and place on top of the basil.
- Spoon some of the sundried tomato pesto or tomato pasta sauce on top and cover with Cheddar or Mozzarella cheese.
- Close the sandwich buttered side facing outwards.
- Either grill the Sandwich Squares in a hot pan, under a grill, or on a panini-style press.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, per side, or until the Sandwich Squares are crispy and golden and the cheese has melted.