Heritage Day Recipe Competition #SliceofSA – Terms and Conditions
The #SliceofSA competition will encourage fans to share recipes for Blue Ribbon Squares that celebrate South African heritage. The competition will be rolled out as follows:
- Users are invited to share their Slice of SA recipes (their best South African recipes which ideally would include Squares or Blue Ribbon Bread). The entry mechanic is as follows:
- Like the Blue Ribbon Facebook page
- Comment on the Slice of SA posts with their South African recipes
- Reply to LesDaChef’s/ Blue Ribbon’s tweets with their South African recipes
Timeline and judging
- The competition is currently live on Blue Ribbon’s Facebook page, and entries will be accepted until noon on Friday 25th
- When the competition is closed, Les Da Chef will review all of the options from both platforms, and in partnership with the Blue Ribbon team, will select three recipes from the entrants. The winners will be announced on both platforms on Thursday 31st
- Once the winners are announced, the chosen recipes will be printed on recipes cards which will be available in inland retailers in September together with the specially branded Heritage range. These recipe cards will also be made available digitally and shared on the Facebook page.
- In addition to being selected as winners, and have their recipes shared on the in-store and digital recipe cards, they will also receive the following:
- Each winner will receive a Russell Hobbs Legacy Toaster and Kettle set (3 sets in total).
- The opportunity to attend the shoot on the 7th September where their dishes will be prepared and photographed for the recipe card at winners own cost and expense. Blue Ribbon will not be held responsible for any injuries or accidents that may occur on shoot day, before and after the shoot day.
- During the running of the competition, spot prizes will also be offered to entrants who display ingenuity and share interesting answers. These spot prizes will be in the form of 5 x R100 supermarket vouchers from Pick ‘n Pay. The decision as to who receives these spot prizes is at the discretion of the Blue Ribbon team and LesDaChef.
- Once the decision regarding main and spot prize winners has been made, no correspondence will be entered into. Those users who badger the brand online will be banned or blocked from entering future competitions.
Disclaimer: All winners of the Slice of SA competition will need to give consent for having their name and face published on the recipe cards, as well as give us license to adapt their recipes where we see fit.