Blue Ribbon & Snowflake Easymix Competition – Spar Sonpark
1. Definitions Unless the context dictates otherwise, the words and expressions set forth below shall bear the following meanings and cognate expressions shall bear corresponding meanings-
1.1 “Promoter” means Premier FMCG (Proprietary) Limited (Registration Number: 1968/002379/07) a company duly incorporated in accordance with the company laws of the Republic of South Africa;
1.2. “Competition” means the Win A Generator competition starting on 10 July 2015 and ending at 23h59 on 04 September 2015, organised by the Promoter at Participating Store and open to purchasers of the Goods;
1.3. “Participant” means a person who buys any of the Goods and enters the Competition;
1.4. “Participating Stores” means Spar Sonpark, Nelspruit;
1.5. “Prize” means one petrol generator valued at R7000 (seven thousand rand)
1.6. “Goods” means any Blue Ribbon loaf of bread and any Snowflake Easymix product.
2. Application of Terms and Conditions By choosing to enter the Competition, the Participant agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions, which the Participant acknowledges to have read and understood.
3. Entry Requirements 3.1. Only persons who are resident in the Republic of South Africa may enter the Competition. All minors under the age of 18 (eighteen) years must be legally assisted by their parents or legally guardians. 3.2. The Competition is only valid against the Goods whilst stocks last. 3.3. For the purposes of the Competition, the Goods may only be purchased at the Participating Store. 3.4. To enter the Competition, an eligible entrant must purchase the Goods and write their details (name, id number and contact number) on the back of the till slip from the purchase and leave the till slip in the Blue Ribbon entry box available in the Participating Store where the Goods are purchased. 3.5. Entrants who purchase any Blue Ribbon loaf of bread and any Snowflake easy mix product will be eligible to receive one entry into the competition. One till slip is the equivalent of one entry. 3.6. Entries received through any other means other than the one stipulated in point 3.4 above shall not be considered. 3.7. Only entries received between the 10th of July and 4th of September 2015 will be considered. The Competition closes at 23h59 on 4 September 2015 (the “Closing Date”) and no entries received thereafter shall be considered.
4. Award Terms 4.1. The finalist and the winner of the Competition (“Winner’’) will be chosen by a random draw in the presence of an independent auditor or attorney. 4.2. Each week for 7 (seven) weeks a finalist will be drawn.The Competition draw for the winner will take place within 14 (fourteen) days of the Closing Date. The Finalist will be notified by telephone within 7 (seven) days of the weekly draw. The Winner will be notified by telephone within 14 (fourteen) days of the draw and delivery of the Prize won will be arranged. To collect the Prize, the Winner will be required to produce his/her identity document or passport as proof that such winner was eligible to enter the Competition. 4.3. The Prize is not transferable or redeemable. 4.4. In the event that the Winner cannot be successfully contacted within 24 hours of the draw or is unable, for any reason whatsoever, to accept the Prize, a replacement winner will be randomly drawn from the remaining qualifying participants in the draw in accordance with same process and procedures as applicable to the original draw.
5. Use of Personal Information 5.1. Personal information is information relating to a Participant. Personal information includes a Participant’s identity number, passport number and contact details. 5.2. By entering this Competition, a Participant agrees that the Promoter and/or Participating Stores may use his/her personal information in connection with the Competition. 5.3. As far as the law allows, each Participant agrees and gives the Promoter and/or the Participating Stores permission to collect, get, receive, record, organise, collate, store, update, use and share all of his/her personal information for all purposes relating to the Competition. 5.4. A Participant may ask the Promoter and/or the relevant Participating Store at any time before the Closing Date to correct or confirm any personal information if it is wrong or out of date. 5.5. Each Participant warrants that he/she has the authority to allow Premier FMCG to use his/her personal information for purposes of the Competition. 5.6. The Promoter and/or Participating Stores will not use any Participant’s personal information in any way which breaks the law and Premier FMCG undertakes to keep all personal information of Participants secure and for as long as the law requires
6. Warranties and Indemnities 6.1. The Promoter, its employees, officers, directors, agents and associates and the Participating Stores, their employees, officers, directors, agents and associates (the “Indemnified Parties’’) shall not be liable for and the Participants hereby indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from any claim, liability, cost, expense or penalty suffered or incurred by any person as a result of participating in the Competition. 6.2. The Prize is subject to all applicable warranties, guarantees and instructions of use accompanying the Prize.
7. Force Majeure In the event of any act of God, strike, war, warlike operation, rebellion, riot, civil commotion, lockout, combination of workmen, interference of trade unions, suspension of labour, fire, accident, or (without regard to the foregoing enumeration) of any circumstances arising or action taken beyond or outside the reasonable control of the Promoter preventing them from the performance of any obligation to a Participant (any such event hereinafter called “Force Majeure”) then the Promoter shall be relieved of all such obligations to the Participant during the period that such Force Majeure continues and shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the performance of any obligations or loss or damage which the Participant may suffer due to or resulting from the Force Majeure.
8. General 8.1. The Promoter may in its sole and absolute discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, by publishing the revised terms and conditions on www.blueribbon.co.za. 8.2. The Competition is not open to any director, member, partner, owner, employee, agent of, consultant to, or anyone associated with or affiliated to the Promoter or any of the Participating Stores. 8.3. In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the Competition and/or these terms and conditions, the Promoter’s decision will be binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into. 8.4. In the event of a dispute regarding a winner chosen in accordance with 4.1 above, the decision of the independent admitted attorney will be final and binding and no other correspondence will be entered into. 8.5. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate the Competition at any time and without notice to the Participants. 8.6. All enquiries regarding the Competition should be sent to the Promoter at email@example.com or 0860 1223000.